We are confident most of us love having french toast for breakfast and who doesn’t know the recipe for french toast anyway? So why are we sharing this recipe? Well, we found this recipe to have a balanced amount of sweetness coupled with a decent amount of vanilla extract, which wasn’t at all overpowering. Result: one super yummy breakfast!
Here’s the recipe:
We substituted 2% milk with 3.25% milk and of course we used alcohol-free vanilla extract, which is easily available at South Asian grocery stores.
Yield: 2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 white bread slices
- Maple syrup or cinnamon-sugar
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs; add the milk, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Soak bread for 30 seconds on each side. Cook on a greased hot
- griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve
- with syrup or cinnamon-sugar.
Source: Vanilla French Toast Recipe