Our little one enjoys watching Dora and Friends. In one episode, they were making a coconut cake and ever since then we had a major craving for it. So Pinterest came to the rescue. We found a super duper easy recipe for coconut poke cake.
The recipe is from mybakingaddiction‘s website. We loved how it used simple ingredients.
Here is the recipe from the website:
1 package white cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box to prepare cake
1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut <– We used a can of coconut milk instead
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) container fozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions for a 9×13 inch cake.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack. While still hot, use a skewer to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
3. Spoon the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake while the cake is still hot.
4. Let cake cool completely. Top with whipped topping and shredded coconut.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Ok, so we know the pictures look unimpressive but we didn’t really think it would turn out all that great. But we were wrong. We LOVED it. It was so light and refreshing.
Yum yum yum!
We hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did 🙂
We were asked to try out EarthFresh’s Organic Potatoes in a recipe, so we went to our favourite potato recipe that we always make for parties.
EarthFresh’s Organic Red Baby Potatoes came in a light blocking bag to protect the potatoes from greening. Grown to strict organic standards, these potatoes are grown using environmentally friendly farming methods to preserve the long-term health of our ecosystem.
We washed and scrubbed the potatoes. Isn’t that brush the cutest?
Once the potatoes were nice and clean, it was time to cut them up. We cut them into fours to make them bite size.
Next we spread the potatoes on a foil tray.
They were brushed with olive oil. We used about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
We seasoned the potatoes with 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red pepper and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper.
Potatoes ready to go in the oven!
We baked them at 400 F for 40 minutes. We garnished it with cilantro.
The potatoes had a creamy texture and the seasoning added a South Asian flare to them.
EarthFresh’s potatoes can be used in a loads of recipes, from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Potatoes are a versatile ingredient and fit into a healthy diet when consumed in moderation.