We are little embarrassed to admit this, but we tried this recipe last Ramadan and it was a huge hit. We had meant to share this recipe way back when, but hey…better late than never right? We came across this recipe on Fatima’s Bridal House and decided to make it because it seemed easy. It was our first time making bruschetta and we wish we had made more of it because it was delicious!
Below is the recipe from Fatima’s page:
6 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (we used regular vinegar because we prefer to avoid balsamic vinegar)
1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 French baguette
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
We recommend trying this recipe for iftaar. It is easy to put together and requires only a handful of ingredients you probably already have at home. We hope you enjoy this recipe by Fatima as much as we did.